Saikyo Shiromiso Western-Style Soup
- -1/10 cabbage
- -1/6 onion
- -1/6 carrot
- -1/5 celery
- -20g corn, boiled
- -dash of parsley, chopped fine
- -10g butter
- -cooking oil (as needed)
- -80g Saikyo Shiromiso
- -600ml soup (chicken bouillon)
- -2 tsp. light soy sauce
- -20g plain yogurt
- -ground black pepper (as needed)
- -1. Cut cabbage into slightly wide strips.
- -2. Thinly slice onion.
- -3. Cut carrot and celery into strips.
- -4. Heat butter and cooking oil in a pot. Sauté onion, carrot, cabbage, celery, and corn. Add seasoning in the following order: Chicken bouillon, Saikyo Shiromiso, light soy sauce, yogurt, and black pepper. Turn up heat, and cook.
- -5. Pour contents of pot into bowl, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
- -Yogurt keeps the calories low and gives the dish an authentic taste.
- -Soy sauce and black pepper add aroma to the sweet Saikyo Shiromiso and tart yogurt.